Part A: Identify the Interjection
Directions: In the following sentences, identify the interjection and circle it.
- Hi, I’m glad that you could make it to my party.
- Wow! You look great tonight.
- That was the best performance that I have ever seen, bravo!
- I can’t believe you broke my favorite toy, bah.
- Hmm, I wonder where I put my keys and wallet?
- Eureka, I’ve struck gold!
- “Shoo, go away!” shouted the woman when she saw the cat licking milk from her cereal bowl.
- I guess that’s the end of the movie, darn.
- Stop! You should always wear a helmet when riding a bike.
- Yippee, I made this picture all by myself.
Part B: Choose the Right Interjection
Directions: In the following sentences, choose the most appropriate interjection from the selection below and write it in the space provided.
Choose from: Wow, Seriously, Goodness, Dang, Yippee, Incredible, Bingo, Geez, Yay, Darn
- ______________, why didn’t you hold the door for me?
- ______________, I’m so happy that you decided to visit this summer.
- ______________, it’s not every day that you see a dog riding a skateboard.
- ______________! How can you possibly agree with that point of view?
- He just cost us the game with that error, ______________!
- ______________! You just gave me a great idea.
- ______________, that’s a very large dog at the end of that leash.
- I can’t believe that I finally got an A on a project, ____________!
- ______________, my favorite author is doing a reading at the local library.
- This is my first new car,_______________.