Class 3 Homework Worksheet
- The areas, in kilometers squared, of some countries are given below. USA: 9,629,091, Russia: 17,098,242, China: 9,598,094, Canada: 9,984,670, the UK: 242,400 and India: 3,287,263.
Answer the following questions:
a) Which of these countries has the smallest area?
b) Which of these countries has the largest area?
c) What is the difference between the areas of Russia and China?
d) Find the total area of all countries listed above?
e) Order these countries from the largest to the smallest areas?
- Jim drove 768 miles of a 1200 miles journey. How many more miles does he need to drive to finish his journey?
- There are 123 boxes of sweets in a store. There are 25 sweets in each box. How many sweets are in the store?
- There are 365 days in one year, and 100 years in one century. How many days are in one century?
- Billy read 2 books. He read the first one in one week with 25 pages everyday. He read the second book in 12 days with 23 pages everyday. What is the total number of pages that Billy read?
- 123 school girls are to be transported in small vans. Each van can carry 8 girls only. What is the smallest possible number of vans that are needed to transport all 123 school girls?
- John had $100 to buy drinks and sandwiches for his birhtday party. He bought 5 small boxes of drinks at $4 each box and 8 boxes of sandwiches at $6 each box. How much money was left after the shopping?
- A factory produces 5500 toys per week. If the workers at this factory work 4 days a week and if these workers make the same number of toys everyday, how many toys are produced each day?
- Tom, Julia, Mike and Fran have 175 cards to use in a certain game. They decided to share them equally. How many cards should each one take and how many cards are left?
- Mr Joshua runs 6 kilometers everyday from Monday to Friday. He also runs 12 kilometers a day on Saturday and Sunday. How many kilometers does Joshua run in a week?